Friday, January 7, 2011

My New Year's Resolutions

     Every year, many people make New Year's Resolutions to act on throughout the new year.  This year, I have made a list of my goals.  I have been wanting to do some of these for a long time, but never did.  This year, I will accomplish my goals.
                                                                  My Goals

Goal #1My first goal is to do a good deed every day.  I want to do a good deed every day because I take for granted the nice things that people do for me on a daily basis.  In return for people's kind effort, I plan on doing something nice for someone every day.  For example, if someone drops their books in the hall, I would help him/her pick them up.  I would be doing a kind thing that would help people in their everyday life. 
Goal #2 My next goal is to organize a community service project.  I want to do this because I want to help my community become a better place.  I think that people would appriciate a cleaner community.  I have seen the pollution in some areas of the community and it is not a pretty sight.  I was thinking that a good place to clean would be on a beach where there is always pollution in the sand.  To do this I will consult with my Boy Scout Troop for help.

Goal #3 My third resolution is to be more organized.  I want to be more organized because i am having trouble keeping track of where things are. To become more organized, I will do the simplest thing you can do to keep track of things- color code.  I have seen people do this and I know it works.  To color coordinate, I will make everything for a certain class on color andthe same for another.  For example, green for science, blue for math, red for English, etc.



                               
                                   
Goal #4 My fourth goal is to recycle.  I know that recycling is good for the planet ,but I am guilty of throwing plastic bottles in the trash.  To keep to this resolution, I will simply throw my bottles in the recycling bin.
 
Goal #6 My last goal is to make it to the rank of First Class in Scouting ( I am a Boy Scout).  Currently I am the rank of Tenderfoot.  To meet my goal, I have to make two ranks by the end of the year.  The only way I can do that is with determination.


     As you can see, I have made some goals for mysellf to accomplish during the new year.  I would love to hear what you plan on accomplishing this year.

Goal #5  My fifth goal is to read the Bible.  I have acually attempted to read it but I never seem to have the time.  I figure, there about 80 books in the Catholic Bible (about) so if I read one book a day, I'll be done in 80 days.  I think that I can do it.

3 comments:

  1. Joe,
    Great post! Why is the 5th goal last when there is 6? also I was wondering why the pictures were just in the middle of the post, I thought it ended there so I didn't know to move on...
    Other than these minor things that you can fix, great job! :)
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job Joe! I could maybe use one of your goals in my life........if that is ok, well other than that, everything else seems ok. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first goal is interesting. I think I will also try to do something nice for something everyday. Your goal for organizing a community project is nice. I think it is cool that you care so much about the future. Did you ever think about all the litter on the ground. It is part of the source of pollution. Which is a step closer to the extinction of the human race. By cleaning the beach or something like that it will help alot. For your organiziation goal, I would like to know other ways of how you plan to stay organized. Recycling is good, too. A little green can good a million miles. Your goal for earning a rank in boyscouts is fascinating. I don't know much about boyscout or girlscouts. But, I bet that whatever you are working towards invovles alot of effort and determination which is very cool. Now for your last goal, it is a little strange. What made you want to accomplish it?

    ReplyDelete